OTG, WIFI, USB,
Copyright © 1988-2020 by
Abbott Analytical Products. All Rights Reserved.
This web page contains a disclaimer/license, a brief discussion concerning evolution of this "squirrel chaser", working assumption, a set of references, a brief report of progress/status, and a collection of helpful images with comments.
1> The project presented here is a user controlled squirrel-chaser Platform. The vechile described and produced is not harmful to humans or small critters. It is not a qualified for utilization beyond the development environment.
The project as presented should serve as a test platform and simulator supporting further development of the vehicle developemnt.
2> No warranty is made regarding the servicability or fitness for use of this squirrel-chaser. A user may employ, enjoy or engage in
this project under the terms of he GNU General Public License (GNU GPL or GPL) as OpenSource software licenses that guarantee end
users the freedom to run, study, share, and modify the software. All copyrights privildeges are reserved.
Evolution of Project
The goal of this project was to engage small critters in a non-harmful manner encouraging them to migrate to regions less populated.
The design experience, skills, and understanding provided a valuable contribution to my CommonPlace Book of Knowledge
The working assumptions are:
- Ability to read technical material and translate into specification/work-product.
- Experience creating Arduino project content within Sloeber or similar IDE.
- A capability to adapt hardware as need to integrate with software to accomplish a task.
- The design implementation is limited to using only parts that are currently in the current shop/lab inventory.
Documents specific to the Android-WIFI-Arduino squirrel-chaser vehicle control
Documents specific to the Gamepad-Arduino-OTG-Android user interface.
- Completed: Adapted and upgrade a conceptualization of the squirrel-chaser as a system.
- Completed: Retrofit of prior Arduino/Sloeber projects to systhesize the a038_squirrel-chaser project
Completed: Identified the advantage of compartmentizing the project into two separate branches.
- a021_xystepper project. Avialable at GITHub as https://github.com/trooker/a021_xystepper
- a031speed_gun_004 project. Avialable at GITHub as https://github.com/trooker/a031_speed_gun_004
- a034_nc_chickadee ventilator prototype project. Available at GITHub as https://github.com/trooker/a034_nc_chickadee
- Android-WIFI-Arduino Vehicle Branch
- Adapted and upgraded the project's Arduino based vehicle hardware/software.
- Created an Android APK package for remote control of the Arduino controlled vehicle.
- Gamepad User Interface Android Branch
- Developed an Arduion gamepad component for replacing the Android User Interface for controlling the squirrel-chaser vehicle.
- Maximized exisitng Arduino software modules and generated new software modules required to provide a basic feature set.
- Create appropriate GUI interface to translate test subject venitatlion needs into appropriate gcode for appropaite ventilator simulation.
- Completed: Verified User Control interface from gamepad-UNO-OTG-Android-WIFI-Mega256 onboard vehilce.
- Completed: Upload stable set of project artifacts to GITHUB.
- Integrate Gamepad movement/commantd data with Android WIFI controls
- Upgrade vehicle movement capabilities as resources improve
- Chase local squirrels, chipmunks, snakes, birds.
Details of Project Branches
Please send comments or questions using e-mail. (Last update: September 8, 2020 tar)